Whether you are self managed, NDIA managed or plan managed, how you choose to spend your NDIS funding is extremely critical to ensure you get the best results.
Here at Allied Fitness Australia, we aren’t a jack of all trades. But we are specialists when it comes to exercise, in fact we are a group of Accredited Exercise Physiologists.
But what’s an exercise physiologist? Good question!
Well an Exercise Physiologist is a tertiary qualified Allied Health professional with a medicare provider number and a trained member of the health and medical sector. We specialise in exercise therapy and lifestyle interventions for persons at risk of developing, or with existing disabilities, chronic medical conditions and musculoskeletal injuries. What we are passionate about is helping Australian function better. That’s exactly what we do with any funding allocated to health and wellbeing under the NDIS for participants who choose us to help them.
Optimising health and function are the key the fundamentals of a happy and independent life. That’s why we believe the health and wellbeing support category holds to keys to success and best results when looking at a participants hollistically which includes independence, happiness and ability to have employment opportunities.
- Exercise can improve function to make ADL’s easier
- performing activities of daily living are key to defining independence; the ability to cook, clean and groom.
- by building function through exercise, you develop the strength, the balance and endurance to perform these tasks.
- Exercise can improve function to improve quality of life
- having the strength, balance, coordination and endurance means you can do what you want, when you want which means you spend your time doing what you want to do rather than what you can do, sky is the limit as far as we are concerned, thus the scope to improve your quality of life.
- Exercise can improve function to enable NDIS participants to find and sustain a job
- by having the strength, endurance and proprioception you have the capacity to perform and sustain a job.
- work is a critical component of life as the social impact and sense of competence and achievement we get from working is critical to our identity.
So if you are unsure how to spend your NDIS funding wisely, start with health and wellbeing and more specifically Exercise Physiology as it will ensure you make the most out of your function which will help you achieve your other goals set out in your plan such as finding and keeping a job or becoming more independent at home. Allied Fitness Australia have 70+ locations across Australia and are an approved NDIS provider, we perform our services out of local gyms which are state of the art, safe and fun environments to exercise in. Come join us, and let us show you how we can help you function better by clicking here.